Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Running Gideros apps on Android V.3 — Gideros Forum

Running Gideros apps on Android V.3

loves_oiloves_oi Member
edited August 2012 in General questions
Version of my mobile phone is Android Version 3. Can't i run these Gideros apps on my mobile phone :(
It is said that:
In order to build for Android, you need the following (note that none of the applications listed below are required to build iPhone/iPad applications. You can skip these steps if you are going to build for iOS devices)
Java SDK
Eclipse IDE
Latest Android SDK (4.0 or higher preferred)
Android Development Tools (ADT)
Google Developer License (also see Android Developers' Guide here: http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html)

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Gideros apps can finely run on Android 3.X. If you want to "build" (not run) for Android, it's suggested that you have latest Android SDK - which is 4.0 in this case.
  • I think Gideros supports Android from 2.2 version, so you definitely can run your applications. You only need latest Android SDK (which is 4.0+), but it does not mean that applications won't run on Android 3.
    Ouahhh!
    ninjaed.jpg
    300 x 300 - 12K
  • Sorry for this question , but i didn't understand the steps:( after entering my phone's ip to Gideros, i directly export and copy paste to my telephone. But nothing happens. If i am doing wrong , could you please show me a link which tells step by step , or could you tell it?
    Thanks in advance
  • loves_oiloves_oi Member
    edited August 2012
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited August 2012 Accepted Answer
    to simply test apps on your device (android):

1. first install on your device "GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk" from Gideros folder
    2. run the player on your device (make sure it is connected to your wifi lan)
    3. on top left corner of device screen you'll see device ip
    4. set it on gideros "Player->Player Setting" (uncheck localhost then insert here device ip)
    5. press Start button on Gideros menu bar.
    6. enjoy.

to compile for Android you need Android SDK installed, Eclipse
    check http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html

then check
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=149g_P1YlE4_6v_hHbFx3YAaYpdU0HoM70XJSLTE38ww#h.d0hrfpqv940z

it's not complicated. just a little patience.

if need more help just ask!

ciao!
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
    edited August 2012
    Gideros apps can finely run on Android 3.X. If you want to "build" (not run) for Android, it's suggested that you have latest Android SDK - which is 4.0 in this case.
    @gorkem
    Build & Run
    I don't know actually the difference between them :S i thought that "build" means "compiling" . But i already cannot compile the app on Android device . Then what can i do with a last version Android which i cannot do with other versions :S:SWhat is "build" ? i'm so confused.
    confused-blackfive-net_.jpg
    455 x 550 - 76K
    edited August 2012

1. first install on your device "GiderosAndroidPlayer.apk" from Gideros folder
    3. on top left corner of device screen you'll see device ip
    4. set it on gideros "Player->Player Setting" (uncheck localhost then insert here device ip)
    5. press Start button on Gideros menu bar.
    6. enjoy.

to compile for Android you need Android SDK installed, Eclipse
    check http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html

then check
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=149g_P1YlE4_6v_hHbFx3YAaYpdU0HoM70XJSLTE38ww#h.d0hrfpqv940z

it's not complicated. just a little patience.

if need more help just ask!

ciao!
    @GregBUG
    I did it .It worked.Thanks for your help.
    But my mobile telephone only can behave as a player. But i want to install the app to my mobile phone permanently. Without Gideros and computer, i want to enter the app and play on my mobile phone. Is it different from deployment? What should do?
    Thanks in advance
  • ok.
    1. Install prerequisites: android SDK, eclipse and adt plugin for eclipse.

go to http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html
    and download the sdk (follow installation docs of sdk and eclipse you found on the site)

after this

open gideros and the program you want to compile: (for Example Bird Animation of gideros examples)

file-> export project and select android, select destination folder then press ok button.

now start eclipse...

in eclipse select

File-> import

then select Android->Existing Android Code Into Workspace
    now check select root directory and then press "browse" button and select gideros exported project folder then select ok

now press "finish" button on "import" window

now you can:

export a signed app for publish (right click on project into eclipse and select android tool export signed app...

or
    for testing propose you can

Run->Run As->1 Android Application

now eclipse start to compile and run "bird Animation" on android Virtual device. (official emulator but is really sloooooow!)

go to gideros exported folder (Bird Animation)

under bin folder you find some files

select the one with .apk extension.

now you can copy this in your device (i use airdroid to transfer files in wifi)

then on device install the apk (just select it with a file explorer i use "file expert") confirm the installation and now you have "Bird Animation" on you programs!

and voila' you had installed your compiled game!!! on your device!

and you can play everywhere!

hope it helps!.

ciao.

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
    @Loves_oi I strongly suggest you read more about Android internals in Google Android developers page. You can learn a lot and faster than waiting for simple answers here ;)
  • @gorkem
    For which subject should i read about Android internals in Google Android developers page. I am trying to discover lua on Gideros platform. I cant do anything outside Gideros . because they are so obscure . Why do you advice to read it , only for set up and some settings ? or is it also important for coding with Lua on Gideros? Why?
    By Android internals I meant generic Android information, not really detailed. It helps you understand how Gideros works too, because in order to build an APK with Eclipse, you should know basics. Search internet using eclipse, building, android, apk etc.

Gianluca has already written very valuable information. I'd suggest to sart with that post.
    edited August 2012
    @GregBUG
    I have just downloaded the Android SDK Manager and these APIs are not installed. Which APIs should i install? I have Android Version 3 thus should i install all 3 versions or all APIs ?
    in that link it said last version . But i have android version 3.
    android sdk manager.jpg
    698 x 503 - 115K
  • @loves_oi installing Android 2.2 (API 8) should be enough for compiling Gideros games :)
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
  • you mean at least 2.2 :) ? if i download android 4.1 , doesn't it work in my mobile phone(android version 3 )
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited August 2012
    I think that installing 2.2 won't do. You need specifically Android SDK 4.0+ version, due to this error:

http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/633/step-by-step-gideros-mobile-to-apk#Item_1

You also need eclipse project set to use 4.0+ SDK. But it still WILL run on your Android 2.2

And here's info why it will work on older Android

http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/567/new-version-gideros-studio-2012.2.1#Item_16
  • @ar2rsawseen
    my bad, i am not aware of this problem, thank for pointing out
    have fun with our games~
    http://www.nightspade.com
  • @loves_oi sorry for the delay...

so...

in my setup i have installed (but i'm not using only for gideros)
    android tools (all)
    Android 4.1 (api 16) (only sdk, no docs, etc)
    4.0.3 (api 15) (only sdk, no docs, etc)
    2.3.3 (api 10) (only sdk, no docs, etc)
    2.2 (api 8) (only sdk, no docs, etc)

and my code compiled work fine on all android platform. (from 2.2).

hope it helps.
    ciao!

www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
    edited August 2012
    did you mean that the device and the pc have to be connected to internet via the same wireless ?????

Computer is connected to the internet via LAN.
    But the device is connected to the internet via Wireless.

And when i press "play" button , the gideros simulator(on the device) shut down suddenly
  • @loves_oi
    they both need to be in the same Newtork.

For example PC connects to router via cable, but phone using wireless, but they both are connected to the same router, thus they are in the same Network.
    edited August 2012
    oh got it ok. I solved it so strangely. I open an internet browser in device and the wireless make active. Wireless seemed inactive because task killer program was installed in my mobile phone. task killer program caused wifi to be inactive
    Thanks