Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Android App ANR when starting. — Gideros Forum

Android App ANR when starting.

Unknown Member
edited February 2012 in Bugs and issues
I have a simple application which runs fine on the PC and Android Gideros simulators. When I build the APK and load it onto my phone (Atrix 4g, 2.3.3) the background displays, but then the ANR prompt comes up. I force close, then can open the app and it works normally? I am only seeing this problem on apps using Multi touch. I built the "Touch Explorer" example with Gideros 2012 and have the same problem. Other examples work fine. Any ideas what is wrong, or how to troubleshoot this? Here are the stack traces at time of ANR

DALVIK THREADS:
(mutexes: tll=0 tsl=0 tscl=0 ghl=0 hwl=0 hwll=0)
"main" prio=5 tid=1 MONITOR
| group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 obj=0x40022268 self=0xcea0
| sysTid=9701 nice=0 sched=0/0 cgrp=[fopen-error:2] handle=-1345006432
| schedstat=( 85999000 49134000 243 )
at com.giderosmobile.android.player.JavaNativeBridge.onTouchesBegin(JavaNativeBridge.java:~181)
- waiting to lock <0x40527360> (a java.lang.Object) held by threadid=9 (GLThread 10)
at com.giderosmobile.android.BubblesActivity.onTouch(BubblesActivity.java:103)
at android.view.View.dispatchTouchEvent(View.java:3881)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:869)
at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:869)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.superDispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1923)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.superDispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1190)
at android.app.Activity.dispatchTouchEvent(Activity.java:2155)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.dispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1907)
at android.view.ViewRoot.deliverPointerEvent(ViewRoot.java:2197)
at android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1881)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3806)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

GLThread 10" prio=5 tid=9 NATIVE
| group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 obj=0x405249a8 self=0x2c0190
| sysTid=9710 nice=0 sched=0/0 cgrp=[fopen-error:2] handle=2884296
| schedstat=( 663039000 862533000 4170 )
at com.giderosmobile.android.player.JavaNativeBridge.nativeRender(Native Method)
at com.giderosmobile.android.player.JavaNativeBridge.onDrawFrame(JavaNativeBridge.java:280)
at com.giderosmobile.android.GiderosRenderer.onDrawFrame(BubblesActivity.java:146)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1363)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1118)
Tagged:

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited February 2012
    Yes we've caught the ANR issue and it will be fixed with the next version.

The problem is that rendering thread blocks the touch events and if something takes a little bit time longer, ANR dialog appears. On iOS, we are pooling the touch events therefore everything goes smooth. But currently on Android, we aren't. With the next version, we'll also enable pooling for touch events on Android.

Thank you
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited February 2012
    hey atilim this days a question is in my mind...

the roadmap says that the next version will be out about on Q3 2012
    but how do you plan to manage the bug fix?
    we need to wait until q3 ?
    or you release intermediate versions ?
    (ex. 2012.3 or 2012.2 v1 v2 .. etc?)

thanks.
    Gianluca.
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    edited February 2012
    Hi Gianluca,

Yes we will release many 2012.2.x versions and we try to release as frequently as we can (mostly in 1-2 weeks periods)
  • Oh thanks atilim for your Clarification! :)
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    edited February 2012
    So for now, Multi-touch for Android is a no-no?
    edited February 2012
    Not exactly. For example, I haven't seen ANR dialog up to now. -If I had seen it, I would fix it :)- Also fix is coming soon.
  • @atilim, Joustin Beaver does it for me on my Acer A100 tablet. I did post about it on the thread for that game. If you've already got it installed, uninstall it, reinstall it and, without fail, it will do it for me on the first run.
  • ZI am trying to understand the following. Can someone please help me. My gmail crashed and this is part of the ANR stsck trace: "Timer-0" prio=5 tid=76 TIMED_WAIT
    |group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 obj=0x40cco0230 self=0x37e1b8
    |sysTid=4627 nice=0 sched=0/0 crgp=default handle=3669968
    |schrdstat =( 692962 197216519 45 ) utn=0
    stm=0 core=0)00000000
  • Maybe i posted that on the wrong place.
    My phone is crazy. Doesnt type what i want. Makes a loud binging noise all the time when battery gets slightly low or if i browse near a restricted area ( server restricts me). I have a tablet n it thinks it is a phone ie same apps that i cannot even kill ie com.android.phone; com.sec.phone, etc. Can anyone help me to understand? By the way, just one 0 at the end of the previous post. One more question: why would i have had an approx dime sized grayish circle in the center of my previous post? Thanxs