Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Gidhelix game made with Gideros Studio! — Gideros Forum

Gidhelix game made with Gideros Studio!

gorkemgorkem Maintainer
This discussion was created from comments split from: GidHelix my first game made using Gideros Studio is Here!!!! :).

Comments

• GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited January 2012
    ok guys!!!
    here is the sources of Gidhelix (sorry no file attach because the zip file is 2.5mb)

1. it's my FIRST program coded in LUA and Gideros... so... the code is "spaghetti code" and not optimized... and i don't know if the techniques uses for change levels, free events and more are the correct way... (i doubt)...
    so don't take this source as the correct way to code...
    no time to recode in better way ... gidhelix was only an exercise...

2. i release the sources but PLEASE do not publish in market or app store...
    (i think to release the full game in the market and app store (for free but with ads) when finished and polished).

3. use at you own risk!.

4. Music are not mine (but it's free) and the heli sprite was found in internet... (i think it's free)

the link:

http://code.google.com/p/gidhelix/downloads/list

or attached to this message.

Hope that help to start coding in Gideros!

ciao ciao
    Gianluca.
    zip
    zip
    GidHelix.zip
    2M
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Awsome, I love it. You did a great job. Will study your code in the next week. And thanks a lot for sharing your code.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Fantastic Gianluca!

Very nice sounds, great game mechanics and addiction :)

Thank you making this game open source for the public. Really appreciated.
  • @GregBUG Thanks! This will help a lot of people get started (including me) :)

@gorkem Maybe the Gideros team can go though the code and clean it up to optimize it?

Thanks again ^:)^

Sid
    Don't forget to have fun :)
  • that's great! thanks for sharing :)
  • mykyl66mykyl66 Member
    edited January 2012
    Any reason why I cant test it on device? (It works fine in the desktop player but not on device.
    I get the following error
    main.lua:69: attempt to call method 'setOrientation' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    main.lua:69: in main chunk

Just thought that I am probably still using the old player on device.

Of course that was it. I forgot to rebuild the player. :)

cheers

Mike

What would you do for your other half?

http://www.sharksoupstudios.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @GregBUG - Thanks :) - it works great on my iPhone 4S.
  • chipster123chipster123 Member
    edited January 2012
    @GregBUG, well done! Thanks for sharing. Starting to look through it now to learn.
    Works on my Samsung Nexus
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    edited January 2012
    @strancali it's Greg's code after all, and honestly speaking, instead of going over Gidhelix, we'd be spending our time publishing new documented templates I mentioned before (a catapult game, a cut-your-vegetables-and-cook, and an e-book) this week - and this is much more beneficial for Gideros developers.
  • @gorkem sounds great! I am anxiously waiting [-O<
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited January 2012
    @gorkem totally agree.

GidHelix sources is not intended to be a "tutorial" a "template" or teach anything.
    is just as is; the source of my attempt to make something more than the classic "hello world" .

i'm also need (like most of us) to learn "mooooore" of lua coding and "gideros SDK."
    waiting for new documented templates.

:D

Ciao Ciao
    Gianluca.
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • @GregBUG your "hello world" example just blew the norm out of the water :)) . I can't imagine how good you will be when you learn more.
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    Nice! Just saw it. If there is anything you don't have permission to use (graphics, sound effects, and I might be able to do music), just let me know if you want me to redo them for you. Here's a little icon you might suggest adding that I just hacked together:
    P.S. I just used LuaDec to look at the code. It's not that bad...
    iTunesArtwork.png
    512 x 512 - 320K
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited April 2012
    thanks zoyt!
    this is my first attempt to make something in lua and gideros...

but why you have used luadec?

i released the sources :)

http://code.google.com/p/gidhelix/downloads/list
    www.tntengine.com
  • ZoytZoyt Member
    @GregBUG - Haha. Whoops... I downloaded it a while ago and finally got a chance to look at it. I only downloaded the Xcode version, which destroys the lua files into an unreadable format. Forgot about the rest of the files :))
  • Nice! Works for me on HP TouchPad/android 4, but the controls are mixed up: I have to to tilt upto go left, and to tilt down to go right. Or, my game is in portrait mode, but the controls are in landscape mode. Quite challenging ;) BTW, on 1024x768 display I would appreciate HD version.
  • @Michal
    what version of gideros are you using?

this bug should be solved with last version of Gideros.

www.tntengine.com
  • MichalMichal Member
    edited April 2012
    Gideros Studio 2012.2.2, but I have downloaded binary *.apk from your Google page, so you may have used earlier version - I don't know. Will try to build it locally and get back.

EDIT: it works OK now, thanks. BTW, I have changed the dimensions and made it HD - the only thing is the background image occupies only top left corner (25% of the screen area).
  • Hello! Wonderful game @GregBUG,

I am new to Gideros and Lua and game development for that matter. I have installed Gideros studio and downloaded your game for both the Gideros SDK and the iOS version that is run in Xcode. For some reason, the Gideros player will not respond to my mouse clicks when in the game stage. The main menu works fine, however. When I run it in Xcode though, everything works. Well, I don't have the paid license version yet, so I can't test the accelerometer, but the mouse tap works.

So I have two questions.

1.) Any ideas as to why the mouse clicks do not work in the Gideros player?

2.) In a general sense, was porting this over into Xcode pretty easy? I noticed that you brought in all of your lua code from Gideros and somehow got Xcode to read it. I have no idea how this happens.
  • evsevs Member
    Hello,

You don't need a paid licence for accelerometer etc, the only difference in the free version is the Gideros splash screen in a compiled app.

Gideros Player does not support accelerometer or touches, so will not respond to them, thats why it does not work in the game stage, menu stage uses mouse click.

GiderosiPhonePlayer does support touches, and you can build it for the iOS Simulator if you like.

You don't have to 'port' to Xcode just select export from Gideros Studio and it is done for you (and android if you want) :D

HTH

cheers

evs
  • @paperview thanks I'm glad you like my game.

as said by @evs free and commercial version of Gideros are the same. only differences is a "splash" screen in a compiled app for free version.

sorry but on desktop player touches and accelerometer do not works. to play/test GidHelix it must be run on device (with device player or compile and install GidHelix.)

thanks to try Gidhelix.
    anyway if you need help just ask.

this is the best and friendly programmer comunity.

Ciao,
    Gianluca.

www.tntengine.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • xeboxebo Member
    @GregBUG. All my respect for your generosity. Thank you. I am trying to learn Gideros mobile, Lua, Box2D, game development all at once. This helps a lot to understand stuff. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • @xebo glad it helps! :D
    www.tntengine.com