Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
(Andorid) SD movable APK — Gideros Forum

(Andorid) SD movable APK

GregBUGGregBUG Guru
edited December 2011 in Suggestions & requests
I do not know if it is technically possible 8-| but would be very nice if the executables generated by Gideros would be compatible with moving on the external memory card of Android devices. [-O<

Also because the generated gideros "apk" are a little bit fat (minimum of 4-5mb!) :((

What do you think? 8->

ciao,
Gianluca.

Dislikes: chipster123

TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
www.tntengine.com
+1 -1 (+0 / -1 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's possible :)

1. Upgrade project to Android 2.2
    - change 'target=android-7' to 'target=android-8' at project.properties file
    - change 'minSdkVersion="7"' to 'minSdkVersion="8"' at AndroidManifest.xml file
    2. add 'android:installLocation="preferExternal"' to AndroidManifest.xml as explained here: http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/install-location.html

Unfortunately, there are 2 .so files for ARMv6 and ARMv7 and each is ~2.5mb. If you want, you can remove support for ARMv6. Also I'll try to decrease the size of these .so files.

Thank you,

--
    atilim
    +1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    @Atilim is it possible to ask the user whether he wants only ARMv7 support or both ARMv6 and ARMv7, while exporting the Eclipse project ?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited December 2011
    @atilim thanks... I will try now ...
    @gorkem would be more comfortable ... !
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    @gorkem I agree. Also android version should be selectable.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ScouserScouser Guru
    edited November 2012
    @atilim: Sorry to necro this thread but I was wondering if it would be possible to add
    android:installLocation="preferExternal"
    to AndroidManifest.xml by default as apps are now beginning to exceed 20MB as a norm and would be better if they were installed to external storage as default.

Also would it be possible to take the orientation of the app from the project file and use this setting in the exported AndroidManifest.xml
    android:screenOrientation="landscape"
    Both of these changes would make it easier for novices to get their app's running correctly (especially if they have ads in their app).
    +1 -1 (+3 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • john26john26 Maintainer
    I'm glad you "necrod" this as I wasn't aware of this whole issue. It seems Gideros Android apps with the auto generated AndroidManifest.xml cannot be moved to external SD card. The above procedure at least gives the user the option of transferring to SD card.

As for installing to card by default: not sure if this is possible... All of the apps I have install to main storage and then need to be transferred manually.
  • @atilim, is it really 'target=android-7' as you stated?

- change 'target=android-7' to 'target=android-8' at project.properties file
    or is it 'target=android-17' ?
  • @chipster, it's correct, API level 7 (SDK 2.1) to API level 8 (SDK 2.2).
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited January 2013
    I get a message to fix the project file whenever I first import though, it has something to do with changing it to android-17...
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com