From Gideros Wiki
Revision as of 12:22, 22 September 2015 by Ar2rsawseen
This page contains a list of all previous Gideros Studio release notes.
For recent releases, go to Github page https://github.com/gideros/gideros/releases
- 1 Release notes (2015.06.10)
- 2 Release notes (2015.06.04)
- 3 Release notes (2015.05.09)
- 4 Release notes (2015.04.26)
- 5 Release notes (2015.04.18)
- 6 Release notes (2015.04.12)
- 7 Release notes (2015.04.08)
- 8 Release notes (2015.04.04)
- 9 Release notes (2015.03.22)
- 10 Release notes (2015.03.05)
- 11 Release notes (2015.02)
- 12 Release notes (2014.10)
- 13 Release notes (2014.01)
- 14 Release notes (2013.09.1)
- 15 Release notes (2013.09)
- 16 Release notes (2013.06.3)
- 17 Release notes (2013.06.2)
- 18 Release notes (2013.06.1)
- 19 Release notes (2013.06)
- 20 Release notes (2012.09.10)
- 21 Release notes (2012.09.9)
- 22 Release notes (2012.09.7)
- 23 Release notes (2012.09.6)
- 24 Release notes (2012.09.5)
- 25 Release notes (2012.09.4)
- 26 Release notes (2012.09.3)
- 27 Release notes (2012.09.2)
- 28 Release notes (2012.09.1)
- 29 Release notes (2012.09)
- 30 Release notes (2012.08.4)
- 31 Release notes (2012.08.3)
- 32 Release notes (2012.08.2)
- 33 Release notes (2012.8.1)
- 34 Release notes (2012.8)
- 35 Release notes (2012.2.2.2)
- 36 Release notes (2012.2.2.1)
- 37 Release notes (2012.2.2)
Release notes (2015.06.10)
- Application:vibrate now accepts amount of miliseconds to vibrate
- Ability to provide organization name and domain when exporting desktop applications
- Player dispatches SUSPEND/RESUME events on losing focus and modal dialogs
WinRT export template
- Added application:setKeepAwake
- Added handling Back button on phone
- Added application:exit
- Added application:vibrate
- Added Sprite:setBlendMode
- Fixed not resending all files to player all the time
Desktop export template
- Dispatches SUSPEND/RESUME events on losing focus and modal dialogs
- Uses provided organization name and domain
Release notes (2015.06.04)
- Drawing speed improvements (Shader separation)
- Player will ignore Window dimensions and will play in player resolution
- Fixed Sprite:setMatrix behavior
- Sprite:setScale won't scale Z axis unless explicitly provided third parameter
WinRT export template
- Move to OpenGL2 calls matching to Direct3D
- 3D features for WinRT
- Fixed issue with alpha channel
- Fixed including all assets upon exporting
- Added default plugins as Json, Lfs, Lsqlite3
Desktop export template
- Documents and Temp file dirs are now OS dependent, not in the same folder
- OSX loading Plugins from withing .app
- Exiting app correctly on application:exit()
- Added encryption support
- Toggling autoscale on fullscreen
Release notes (2015.05.09)
- Fixed overwriting files on export full export
- Fixed toggle autoscale on Application:setFullscreen toggle
- Optimized Matrices behavior
- Fixed buffer overflow in print function
- Improved encryption scheme
Release notes (2015.04.26)
- Fixed 3D-Env example
- Fixed ImageLoader example
- Added WindowWidth and WindowHeight dimensions in Project property for Desktop exports initial windows dimensions
- Added Application:getDeviceName to get user friendly device name
- Added Event.MOUSE_WHEEL for mouse wheel scroll events on desktop
- Added Studio saves separate export paths for each platform
- Added Ctr+P in Gideros Studio toggles between localhost and IP setting
- Added Ctrl+E shortcut to export
- Added Ctrl+Shift+X shortcut to clear output
- Added ability to search console output in Studio
- Gideros Players are now discoverable in Gideros Studio automatically and available through dropdown
Release notes (2015.04.18)
- Lua errors now cause exceptions when not in player mode, so they would be catchable by Crash Reporting libraries
- Added zlib lua bindings (https://github.com/LuaDist/lzlib)
- Added UrlLoader:ignoreSslErrors() to ignore certificate related errors
- Added headers table to UrlLoader COMPLETE event object with retrieved response headers if any
- Changed coordinates shaders to high precision
Release notes (2015.04.12)
- Added method Application:setFullScreen(bool)
- Added method Application:setWindowSize(width, height)
- Added separate Desktop Player zoom menu with new options
- Fixed not resizing Player window smaller then Player size
- Fixed Comparing correct types in shader for Android
- Fixed Desktop 1280 x 720 resolution
Release notes (2015.04.08)
- Fixed additional checks for OpenGL 2 shaders
- Fixed Shaders not processing pixels with alpha 0
- Fixed adding missing anchor constants for Sprite set/get functions
- Fixed OpenGL 2 is required in android manifest (to filter out incompatible devices)
- Fixed black space after exiting immersive view on Android
- Fixed returning y value as z coordinate
Release notes (2015.04.04)
- Basic support for 3D Meshes
- Added 3D examples to Gideros Studio
- Sprite setPosition/getPosition now accepts/returns 3 values, x, y, z
- Sprite additional rotation axis set/getRotationX, set/getRotationY
- Added Sprite swapChildren and swapChildrenAt methods for quicker Sprite sorting
- Added Sprite:setClip(x,y,w,h)
- Gideros Player on devices show projects menu on click when app is not running
- Android project, added new density icon sizes
- Fixed RenderTarget dimension allocation
- Fixed handling volume and power buttons
- Fixed errors in Android export project
- Fixed errors in xCode project (now working with new IOS 8.2 SDK)
Release notes (2015.03.22)
- Making window to fit app [Alt+F]
- Bringing player to front on launch
- Passing all key events to Gideros with event->realCode, event->keyCode works as previously
- Opening Gideros documents/resources/temp directory from player
- Opening previously launched projects from player on desktop (use menu), android and ios (hold finger on screen for more than 5 seconds and release)
- Receiving touch events (including multi touch) on desktop
- Restart player's project [Ctrl+R]
- Added Event.APPLICATION_RESIZE event for when window is resized, get new dimensions using respective application class method
- Implemented Application:isPlayerMode() method returning true if project is running on player and false if as an app
- Android player using immersive view by default
- IOS fixing crash when only landscape supported in Gideros Player
- Implemented Sprite setAnchorPosition/getAnchorPosition which changes Sprites relative anchor position in Sprite's internal coordinates.
- Included plugin building in build workflow, each new build should include updated plugins now
Release notes (2015.03.05)
- PNG crash fixed
- Zooming crash fixed
- Black screen fixed
- Updated xcode template and player to be compatible with 64 bits, modules enabled by default
- ios8 orientation fix for landscapes
Release notes (2015.02)
- New player resolutions
- Auto player scaling
- Fullscreen player
- Scaling images in preview to fit them
- Retina desktop support
- Fat binaries for iOS
Release notes (2014.10)
- Update (iOS): Build with Xcode 6.1
- Update (Desktop): Build with Qt 5.3.2.
- Bugfix: Fixed crash when Sound is created inside coroutine.
- Bugfix: MediaPlayer crash (https://github.com/gideros/gideros/commit/ee40c22f10ab54f2201d9d5b85338f9db4283dec).
- Bugfix: Memory allocation (https://github.com/gideros/gideros/commit/379c4cc624bd1d15030a7ecfe80fb9398dcc9e39).
- Feature: Implemented time based movie clips.
Release notes (2014.01)
- Feature: Application:getDeviceOrientation() function (Accelerometer example shows a usage of this function).
- Feature: Load the next available resolution image, instead of base image.
- Feature: Seperated Lua libraries and LuaJIT binaries will be available at Gideros Labs soon.
- Feature: (Android) x86 binaries.
- Feature: Updated to Box2d 2.3.0.
- Update: Fixed the number of audio channels to 32 (to prevent iOS OpenAL problem).
- Bug: Refixed Tegra2/3 GPU bug.
- This version is built with Xcode 5.0.2, Android SDK 4.4.2 (API 19) and Android NDK r9c.
Release notes (2013.09.1)
- Feature: Code and assets encryption are independent from each other.
- Bug: (iOS) libluasocket.a was missing arm7s binaries.
- Bug: gdrexport was exporting with wrong encryption.
Release notes (2013.09)
- Feature: JSON and BitOp plugins are added by default.
- Feature: (Android) Facebook plugin
- Feature: (Android) Flurry plugin
- Feature: Global MEMORY_WARNING event when memory is low.
- Feature: Encryption of png, jpeg and wav files.
- Feature: (iOS) Added UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance to .plist to hide status bar on iOS 7.
- Feature: (Android) Added manufacturer and model information to Application:getDeviceInfo().
- Bug: (iOS - Store Kit) Added a workaround for: "Sometimes when internet is offline, productsRequest:didReceiveResponse: is called instead of request:didFailWithError:."
- Bug: (Android - Google Billing) Fixed seldom crashing occurs because of null intent.
- Bug: Timers couldn't be re-started within TIMER_COMPLETE event.
- Update: (iOS) Dropped armv6 support and updated minimum iOS version to 5.0.
Release notes (2013.06.3)
- Bug: (Android) Removed setEGLConfigChooser(8, 8, 8, 0, 0, 0); line because some devices cannot create RGB888 OpenGL surface.
- Update: (Android) Added android:targetSdkVersion="18" to AndroidManifest.xml and upgraded to Android SDK 4.3.
Release notes (2013.06.2)
- Change: (iOS) Reenabled multi-threaded rendering loop with improvements.
- Bug: Fixed render to texture bug when rendering right after texture creation.
- Bug: KeyCodes.R and KeyCodes.E was not correct.
- Bug: (iOS) Fixed audio resume bug after phone call (again).
- Bug: The path resolution of gdrexport was wrong.
- Improvement: (Android) Removed depth buffer.
- Improvement: Added gideros.jar to assets only export list.
- Fixed Gideros API annotation.
- Fixed internal links in documentation.
Release notes (2013.06.1)
- Bug: Moved back to Qt 4 because of Qt 5's problems.
- Bug: Added a workaround for Tegra2/3 GPU bug. https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/538671/problem-with-fbo-extension-on-tegra-2-3/
Release notes (2013.06)
- Feature: Render to texture
- Feature: New Mesh functions
- Feature: New key codes
- Feature: httpStatusCode for UrlLoader
- Feature: 16 bit and 24 bit texture formats (8888, 888, 565, 4444, 5551)
- Feature: Microphone plugin
- Feature: Exporting from command line
- Feature: mime.core for lua sockets
- Feature: Application:canOpenUrl to test if url can be opened
- Feature: (Android) added android:launchMode="singleTask" and android:installLocation="auto" to AndroidManifest.xml.
- Change: (iOS) Dropped multi-threaded rendering loop
- Change: (iOS) 44Khz sampling rate instead of 22Khz
- Change: UrlLoader COMPLETE and EVENT errors are now dispatched consistently between various platforms.
- Update: Lpeg plugin to 0.12
- Update: Sqlite plugin to 0.9.1
- Update: Qt to 5.1.0
- Update: UrlLoader now uses User-Agent property as "Gideros" by default on all platforms.
- Bug: Shape class can crash if the coordinates are NaN.
- Bug: (iOS) Sometimes file not found error is given for .mp3 files.
- Bug: (Android) Sometimes AudioTrack can give invalid state error.
- Bug: (Mac) Fixed persistent storage errors
- Bug: (Android) on some Cyanogen mods, FPS can be higher then 60.
Release notes (2012.09.10)
- Feature: SQLite3 plugin for Android (look at reference manual for the limitations)
- Feature: Object class as root of all classes
- Change: While exporting, Lua bytecodes are not debug stripped to get better error descriptions
- Change: All events are dispatched at main Lua thread (main Lua corotuine).
- Bug: (iOS) AlertDialog and TextInputDialog can crash while GC
- Bug: (iOS) Sound doesn't resume when application switching (double-click Home button) is used
- Bug: postInit function isn't called for inner classes
Release notes (2012.09.9)
- Feature: Lua file encryption is now optional
- Feature: Libraries (libgideros.a and libgideros.so) are also exported when "Export assets only" is selected.
Release notes (2012.09.7)
- Feature: Native BMFonts
- Feature: TTFont caching
- Feature: Font kerning
- Feature: Font metrics
- Feature: Lua file encryption (for indie and professional license holders)
- Feature: GameKit events are always dispatched at main thread.
- Feature: postInit function for classes
- Bug: Using API Level 9 results in crashing on Android 2.2.
Release notes (2012.09.6)
- Feature: box2d contact implementation
- Feature: Android APK Expansion Files
- Feature: New functions b2.Body:getWorldPoint, b2.Body:getWorldVector, b2.Body:getLocalPoint, b2.Body:getLocalVector
- Feature: New functions b2.Body:setFixedRotation, b2.Body:isFixedRotation, b2.Body:setBullet, b2.Body:isBullet, b2.Body:setSleepingAllowed, b2.Body:isSleepingAllowed
- Bug: Wav file handle remains open
Release notes (2012.09.5)
- Bug: Sometimes crashing occurs when same sound file is loaded multiple times.
Release notes (2012.09.4)
- Feature: Loading of 8-bit PCM wav files
Release notes (2012.09.3)
- Feature: New sound API implementation
- Feature: Set/get pitch of sound channels
- Feature: Pause/resume of sound channels
- Feature: (iOS) Support for “play along” style apps where audio from other apps mixes with your audio
- Feature: Automatic reuse of in-memory sound objects
- Feature: Rope joints
- Feature: Unrounded mouse/touch coordinates
- Bug: (Android) If lock screen is disabled, application doesn't resume after lock/unlock.
- Bug: (iOS) Sound doesn't resume after a phone call
- Bug: Indices can shift while using b2.World:rayCast function
- (Android) Updated to Android SDK 4.2 (target 17)
- (Android) Updated to NDK 8c
Release notes (2012.09.2)
- Feature: Application:getScreenDensity function
- Feature: setAlpha/setColorTransform effects Meshes with color vertices
- Feature: Optimized Touch/Mouse/Key events.
- Bug: If a listener is removed within a listener, indices can shift.
- Improvement: Bounds of a TextureRegion of a TexturePack can have rounding errors.
Release notes (2012.09.1)
- Renamed Mesh:*Buffer functions to Mesh:*Array
- Bug: If a Mesh object is using color vertices, then it may effect color of the other sprites
- Updated the documentation.
Release notes (2012.09)
- Feature: (Android) Google in-app billing
- Feature: (iOS) Facebook
- Feature: Mesh structure
- Feature: Desktop player can generate touch events
- Feature: Event.APPLICATION_BACKGROUND and Event.APPLICATION_FOREGROUND events
- Feature: New iPhone 5 resolutions
- Bug: If a Lua error occurs in key events, Gideros cannot catch it.
- Bug: Autorotation fix for iOS 6
- Bug: (Android) Application shouldn't resume at lockscreen
- Bug: (iOS) iAd plugin can crash at launch.
Release notes (2012.08.4)
- Bug: Sprite:getBounds() function returns wrong values when there are MovieClip objects in the hierarchy
Release notes (2012.08.3)
- Feature: Application:getTextureMemoryUsage() function
- Feature: extended the plugin system
- Bug: Sprite:getBounds() function returns wrong values when there are more than 2 level of hierarchies and rotation
- Bug: gdrbridge cannot connect to deamon after some many requests
- Bug: accessing Gideros functions from inside a coroutine crashes
Release notes (2012.08.2)
- Feature: Bitmap:setTexture, Bitmap:setTextureRegion, TextureRegion:setRegion, TextureRegion:getRegion functions
- Feature: GameKit:loadScores function (thanks to Andy Bower)
- Feature: Application:getApiVersion function
- Feature: Sound:play(..., math.huge) loops forever
- Bug: addChildAt indices starts at 0 (should start at 1)
- Bug: Xperia PLAY keys doesn't work
- Bug: Event objects shouldn't store target object internally (late GC of target object)
- Bug: os.remove and os.rename doesn't transform path names
- Bug: On iOS, textures are deleted on main thread (should be deleted on rendering thread)
Release notes (2012.8.1)
- Bug: LLVM-GCC produces buggy code with FreeType library. Moved to Xcode 4.4.1 with Clang 4.0
- Bug: gdrdeamon can crash with some .gproj files
- Bug: lpeg.dylib has wrong library path
- Bug: addEventListener(type, func, nil) doesn't work correctly
Release notes (2012.8)
- Feature: iAd plugin
- Feature: LuaFileSystem plugin
- Feature: LPeg plugin
- Feature: Move to Android SDK 4.1 (target 16)
- Feature: Drop support for Xcode 3 and move to Xcode 4
- Feature: Universal applications
- Feature: Native AlertDialog implementation
- Feature: Native TextInputDialog implementation
- Feature: Support Xperia Play keys
- Feature: Command line tools to control player within 3rd party applications
- Feature: collectgarbage() is called at Activity.onLowMemory on Android
- Feature: Allow creation of Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Geolocation classes and don't create accelerometer, gyroscope and geolocation variables automatically
- Feature: Rotated/flipped tile support
- Feature: Timer.delayedCall returns created Timer object
- Bug: application:openUrl shows incorrect url in windows player
- Bug: in flurry plugin, timed parameter of logEvent should be negated
- Bug: in Game Kit plugin, at showLeaderboard function, don't update category if category is nil
- Bug: On iOS, setting 30fps doesn't work as expected on heavy loaded applications
- Bug: On Android, UrlLoader crashes when method is GET and headers are given
- Bug: recursive __gc calls should be prevented because destroying two Box2D objects at the same time can cause crash
- Bug: On iOS, music doesn't continue after a phone call
- Bug: On Android, paused/suspended applications consumes %1-%5 CPU
- Bug: Parent classes and inherited classes should have the same self reference
Release notes (2012.2.2.2)
- Feature: TTFont now accepts optional filtering parameter
- Bug: (Android Player) TTFont loading error
- Bug: (Android) TextField display error
- Bug: (iOS) Avoid of 1 frame white screen at the beginning of application
- Bug: MovieClip may crash if wrong parameter is given
- Bug: TTFont's letter spacing is calculated wrong when automatic screen scaling is enabled
Release notes (2012.2.2.1)
- Feature: Added LuaSocket as a plugin
- Feature: Added support for headers on UrlLoader
- Feature: Added HTTPS support for UrlLoaders
- Feature: Added new b2.Body:setAwake function
- Feature: Added b2.Body:setGravityScale and b2.Body:getGravityScale functions
- Feature: Added wraping mode (repeat or clamp) for Texures
- Feature: Added "redMultiplier", "greenMultiplier", "blueMultiplier", "alphaMultiplier" to Sprite:get/Sprite:set functions
- Feature: Bigger font for displaying IP addresses on player
- Feature: (Desktop Player) %25 zoom
- Bug: (Android) OpenGL context lost on Android when some of the devices goes to sleep
- Bug: Fixed "functions are not GCed when they refer to self as an upvalue"
- Bug: Texture packer crashes when a texture bigger than 2048x2048 is generated.
- Bug: (iOS) Black screen or wrong orientation when returned from Game Center modal window
- Bug: Sprite:getMatrix() returns the values M12 and M21 swapped
- Bug: TileMap returns 0 for getWidth() and getHeight()
Release notes (2012.2.2)
- Incompatibility: Removed URLLoader class. UrlLoader should be used instead.
- Feature: (Android) Plugins are now supported
- Feature: (Android) Keyboard support
- Feature: (iOS) Store Kit (in-app purchase) plugin
- Feature: (IDE) Now it's possible to enable/disable automatic execution of Lua files from IDE
- Feature: (Android) Android platform now supports require function
- Feature: (iOS) lua_gc() function is called automatically when there is memory wa